PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, and payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number). We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Information you have provided to us during the use of our Services, including technical usage data, may be shared with third parties who provide hosting and server co-location services as well as data and cyber security services.
- Your email address and other contact details you have provided to us and your messages to our customer service may be shared with communication, email distribution, and content delivery services as well as customer support system providers.
- Information regarding your purchases and payments is shared with billing and payment processing services, fraud detection and prevention services, accounting and ﬁnancial advisors.
- Information regarding your use of our website and other information received from cookies and similar technology may be shared with web analytics, session recording, and online marketing services.
- Insofar as reasonably necessary to defend our legal rights, we may share your personal data with our legal advisors.
We may also disclose Personal Information to third parties in and outside your country only to the extent allowed by applicable law, in the following circumstances:
- to a prospective purchaser or purchaser that acquires all or substantially all of us or our business;
- to a third party in the event that we sell or buy any business or undergo a merger, in which case we may disclose your information to the prospective buyer of such business; and
- to a third party if we sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, undergo a reorganization, bankruptcy, or liquidation; or otherwise undertake a business transaction or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, your information may be among the transferred assets.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
EUROPEAN RESIDENT RIGHTS
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access certain personal information we hold about you and to ask that this personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to retain or have compelling legitimate interests in retaining. If you believe that we have unlawfully processed your personal data, you have the right to submit a complaint to the contact information provided below, or to your respective data protection supervisory authority.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
We may retain Device Information for as long as we deem appropriate to meet our business purposes, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may retain your Order Information for as long as you have an Art By Ana Luca account or any of the above mentioned legal basis for personal data processing still exists. For example, if you unsubscribe to our marketing, newsletter, or blog emails, we will stop the processing of the personal data for such purposes. If you have used our Services without creating an Art By Ana Luca account, we will keep your Order Information as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligation to retain information relating to provision of services, for example, for tax purposes.
After terminating your relationship with us by deleting your Art By Ana Luca account or otherwise ceasing to use our Services, or after you ask us to delete Order Information, we may continue to store copies of your Order Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes between you and us, to prevent fraud and abuse, to enforce our agreements, and/or to protect our legitimate interests.
This Site is not intended for any individual under the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside, and you should not access this Site if you have not reached the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction. By using our Services, you certify that you are of the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside.
If you have any questions about your Personal Information or our privacy practices, or if you would like to make a complaint about how we process your Personal Information, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
The version of this Policy is effective May 1, 2020.